Sunday, January 2, 2011

The doll







From A Savage in Photography: "I am a savage in photography, you may say. I do not care about your twisted and complicated human relations and the stories you try to tell about them in your images. This is as far from the true meaning and destiny of photography as the inarticulate sounds animals are making are from the human speach. For the photography (and to what it will develop) is the emerging language of future. The language (oral and written) we are using formed us, developed with us and, naturally, was determined by our physiological and (later) technical abilities. The photography (and to what it will develop) will break down the output barrires for the visual images in our mind and will eventually lead to a completely new way of communication. And create a new language. A language of shapes, forms and colors. I am a savage in the photography. But a savage from your future. Can you hear me? No, I must ask, can you see me, if you take the meaning. And, if yes, can you understand me?" (Imaginary Library)

No comments:

Post a Comment